Trump’s big line is he should be president because he is a successful businessman. After reading this devastating Newsweek story, no Trump apologist can ever say that again.
The story goes through the bankruptcies of course, but there are defaults, people ripped off, and lie upon lie upon lie upon lie.
My favorite stuff from the article:
- Trump lied to Congress.
- Trump was publicly insulting Native Americans while other real business people were making deals to help manage their casinos.
- Trump signed a deal with one Native American casino, and they paid him $6 million to go away.
- Trump punched his second grade teacher
- Trump lied in his books, then blamed the same woman he blamed for Melania Trump’s plagiarized speech.
- Trump lied in a filing with a bank where he was trying to get a loan about how much he was worth.
- Trump lied about how much money he got from his dad.
- Trump’s dad gave him illegal loans by taking cash to his casino, turning it over at a craps table, loading up a suitcase with $5,000 chips, and leaving.
- Trump’s earliest deals all lost money and he only did well when his dad guaranteed loans.
- Trump spent $1 million per plane to turn a shuttle into a luxury trip that no one wanted to take. The planes were only worth $4 million each.
There is just so much more. I want to give a few quotes: