Value my care
We have found that the value of the contribution made by carers in the UK is now £132 billion each year – that’s a fifth of UK Government spending.
We want Government to recognise the contribution made by carers, including the value of the care they provide to the UK economy, and provide the necessary support that carers need to be able to care effectively.
Send a clear message: value my care.
The more support we have, from carers raising this with their MP and the Chancellor, the stronger our voice will be. We are calling on Government, ahead of the Spending Review on 25 November 2015, to:
- Urgently address the chronic underfunding of the social care system
- Improve financial support for carers
- Promote a carer-friendly NHS
- Introduce a right to paid care leave
- Stimulate a diverse care market to give carers better choice and flexibility
Already joined the campaign?
Make sure that George Osborne values your care.
Find out more about our report, Valuing Carers 2015.