By Robert A. Vella
A new CNN poll shows an increase in support for impeaching President Trump, but it also shows that Americans still resist impeachment even though they support the ongoing investigations of him by Democrats in the House of Representatives.
- President Trump’s approval rating remains steady at 43% approve, 52% disapprove.
- Support for impeachment increased over the last month to 41% predominantly among Democrats and college educated whites, while 54% oppose impeachment.
- The percentage of people who say Democrats are overreaching in their investigations of Trump decreased correspondingly to 40% over the same period, and 53% say that Trump isn’t doing enough to cooperate with those investigations.
- 47% agree that Democrats’ investigations of Trump are justified by the facts while 44% disagree.
- 67% want Robert Mueller to publicly testify before Congress.
- 66% believe that legislative cooperation between Congress and the White House is being negatively impacted…
View original post 988 more words